The Flat Twist Out
Since being in the Philippines, my styling options have been limited due to time, energy and the extreme heat and humidity here. The only styles I have been doing to my hair are afros, puffs and two-strand twists, which is fine but this limitation has sent me into withdrawals of my favorite hairstyle, THE FLAT TWIST OUT.
Since I first started my hair journey, Flat twist outs have been my "go-to" hairstyle. If all else failed I knew I could have a pretty nice looking flat twist out. However, one problem that started to occur was that they never turn out the same way twice. That is why I have never done a tutorial. If I do my hair one day without documenting the steps. It turns out FABULOUS. The next time I try to duplicate it for a general audience, it fails. Then I thought of conducting an experiment to show the difference in twists outs based on different hair products. Then I realized there are too many variables to account for (time of day, season, twisting technique, size of twists, dry versus wet hair, wind speed, velocity, etc.) It seemed like a daunting task.
So now what I do is just get creative with the flat twist pattern. Here are a few ideas:
• Flat Twist to the back
• Flat Twist to the back with flexi rods
• Flat Twist to the back with perm rods
• Flat Twist to the side with a side part
• Flat Twist to the side with a middle part
• Flat Twist to the side, side part with perm rods
• Flat Twist to the side, side part with flexi rods
• Flat twist to the side, side part with bantu knots
• Flat twist in front to side, flat twist in back to the back
I am also providing the links to Natural Hair vloggers that I consider the Twist Out Queen:
What is your experience with flat twist outs?
More Twists Outs On Facebook